Tuesday, January 31, 2006
I'll be taking my CDL test in 2 weeks (wish me luck!!) and then I'll be done with school for a while.
That's all for now!!
Friday, January 20, 2006
Even though my knitting time has been cut extremely short, I still found time to squeeze in a Knitting Group session at Borders last night. It's so refreshing to meet other people that knit . Usually when I knit in public people give weird looks and stare and stuff like that. This time, I wasn't alone. I met Rachel and her daughter Sarah ( http://www.casajavaknits.com/theblog/ )and they were both very nice people. I can't wait untl next weeks meet up when I can bring a few other knitters along.
Besides shool and the knitting group, that's all my news for the week.
Have a great weekend everyone!
Thursday, January 12, 2006
A few weeks ago, I taught Jenny the basics of spinning (as much as I know LOL). She really enjoyed it!
I have tons on F/O's that i havent listed. The most recent is a hat for my husband. It's all black and made from elastic sock yarn. The elastic gives it a really stretchy fit. The next is a scarf for my sister knit from Lornas Laces L&L in the colorway Flames. It has been finishes fro about a week now but I didn't want to post about it b/c she reads my blog.
The first pic was taken inside and the 2nd was taken outside. The pattern is called "Ladder Lace" and was pretty simple. It was a 2 row pattern and was very easy to memorize. She has it now and she loves it.
This is a clutch purse I knit for my husband's cousin from Puerto Rico. She came to visit over the holiday. I can't remember what yarn I used but I do know that it was held double stranded and I added a little bead and knit an I-cord and used it as the loop to create the closure. She loved it too!
I also started knitting the Jaywalker sock. I have 1 completed and haven't cast on for the 2nd sock yet. I will do that this weekend.
Another thing that I am very excited about is SP7. I don't know who my spoilee is yet but I can't wait. This is my first SP exchange and I hope I have a good experience.
|Your New Year's Resolutions|
1) Get a pet octopus
2) Eat less brussel sprouts
3) Travel to Korea
4) Study finger painting
5) Get in shape with naked yoga
|Your Birth Month is April|
You are trustworthy and highly ethical in all facets of life.
Helpful and steady, you are able to solve any problem.
Your soul reflects: Bliss, playfulness, and curiosity
Your gemstone: Diamond
Your flower: Sweet Pea
Your colors: Yellow and red
|Your Hawaiian Name is:|
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I dont think I'm a yarn snob, but I do like quality yarn.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? I spin a little on a drop spindle and I very rarely crochet .
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I made a needle case not too long ago. I got tired of losing them :).
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Since Nov. 04. I think I'm advanced, there isn't a pattern that I won't try.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? On my side bar.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Vanilla, lavender, anything sweet smelling :).
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yessssss. Chocolate is numero uno. Chewy Runts is a close 2nd.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I like to do everything myself. I quilt a little bit, sew, paint everything.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Yes. Mostly R&B.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Purple. It is THE best color in the world. All shades of purple.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Newly wed w/ 1 cat.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to all.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Lorna's Laces is wonderful, Noro is great too.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Really crappy acrylics. Some of them are just soooooooooo hard and stiff to work with.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Well, I used to hate socks with a passion. Since I had to knit so many for gifts, knitting socks isn't a problem and it has become a fave.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Baby sweater sets. The go so quickly!
17. What are you knitting right now? A small pusre, Jay walker socks, a scarf and a hat.
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?It depends on what I'm working on.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? It depends on the fiber im working with. I have all types of needles.
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No, but I'm planning on getting them soon.
22. How did you learn to knit? One day in Nov. 04 I wanted to learn, so i went to Wal-Mart, got a pair of size 7 needles and a skien of te cheapest acrylic and fiddled with it until I got it.I looked online for instructions but I didn't understand them too much. I think I used a crochet cast-on. I made a scarf for my niece, it came out pretty nice.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? 1 month.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Hello Kitty is nice.
25. What is your favorite holiday? My B-Day!!
26. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn. LOL.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None.
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Yes. I'll have my wishlists completed soon.
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Probably different methods of casting on.
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements ? Yes.
- length: 9.5"
- circumference around arch: 9"
- ankle: 8"
- floor to cuff: 8.5"
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 4-28