Monday, January 08, 2007

Questions???

When I joined the Sockret Pal Exchange, I had no idea what pattern I would use for my spoilee. Then, Eunny posted the Bayerische sock pattern and I knew it was the one! I purchased the yarn in October after reading some good reviews about it on a few other blogs. I am using Regia Silk in a burgundy color and so far, it knits (and frogs) very well!

I cast on for the sock on sz 0's first. After completing the 13 rows of ktbl, p1, I tackled the increase rows. I don't know what I did the first time, but it came out all wrong! I gave up and started looking for other patterns to try out for her.

Nothing worked. I must have frogged this yarn at least 5 times with other patterns not counting the times that I messed up and tried to fix it.

So here we are, 2 months later a little wiser and more careful and the sock looks great so far. I casted on sz 1's and it is flowing much easier for me and it is still super pretty and shiny! I am so glad I'm sticking the pattern out and knitting these for my pal.

I will most likely knit (at least) a pair for myself in some super yummy yarn as soon as I'm finished hers. I'm taking my time with these socks, so I don't make any mistakes ans will have them finished by the end of the exchange.

So the question is... If you were my pal, would you like these socks??

9 comments:

sunneshine said...

greetings from cold snowy colorado! Your socks pictured on the trip are amazing! As are your new ones!! How could your SP not love them??

Anonymous said...

Hi Eve
LMK when you get you KMSK,
ANN

Anonymous said...

Hi Eve,

Kudo's to you for even trying that pattern. EEK! I saw it and my hair stood on end just contemplating the possibility. Not something I would rush to knit, just a bit too much detail for me. Your yarn looks really lovely, and I'm sure your SP is going to be thrilled with them.

I see you've done another pair of Pomatomus socks too. I did make a slight effort to try that, and failed miserably right from the start, so I moved on to a different pattern. Maybe one day, but I'm not ready yet.

Have a great weekend kiddo :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you likes the mitt kit. I had tons of fun making it all up

Anonymous said...

Hey Eve! I can't wait to try Eunny's Bayerische sock pattern. I've got a couple of WIP's to finish first though. I'll email you about getting together.

Kimberly said...

They look great so far. If I were your pal, I'd LOVE those socks!

Anonymous said...

That Bayerische pattern is lovely. I can't wait to see the rest of your work on these... Oh and I was just checking out you finished socks you have made --they are all amazing! You must be a pretty fast knitter:)

Anonymous said...

You are wonderful and patient with the sock knitting. I still have one to complete. I love the color and I think your SP is going to love them! If she doesn't, you can send it my way :-).

Anonymous said...

Yep, if I were your pal, I would like those socks!

I am currently working on your socks as we speak, and they are turning out fab!

Your Sockret Pal