Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Questions

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
I dont think I'm a yarn snob, but I do like quality yarn.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I spin a little on a drop spindle and I very rarely crochet .

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I made a needle case not too long ago. I got tired of losing them :).

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Since Nov. 04. I think I'm advanced, there isn't a pattern that I won't try.


5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? On my side bar.


6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Vanilla, lavender, anything sweet smelling :).

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yessssss. Chocolate is numero uno. Chewy Runts is a close 2nd.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I like to do everything myself. I quilt a little bit, sew, paint everything.


9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Yes. Mostly R&B.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Purple. It is THE best color in the world. All shades of purple.


11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Newly wed w/ 1 cat.

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Yes to all.


13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Lorna's Laces is wonderful, Noro is great too.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Really crappy acrylics. Some of them are just soooooooooo hard and stiff to work with.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Well, I used to hate socks with a passion. Since I had to knit so many for gifts, knitting socks isn't a problem and it has become a fave.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Baby sweater sets. The go so quickly!

17. What are you knitting right now? A small pusre, Jay walker socks, a scarf and a hat.

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?It depends on what I'm working on.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? It depends on the fiber im working with. I have all types of needles.

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No, but I'm planning on getting them soon.


22. How did you learn to knit? One day in Nov. 04 I wanted to learn, so i went to Wal-Mart, got a pair of size 7 needles and a skien of te cheapest acrylic and fiddled with it until I got it.I looked online for instructions but I didn't understand them too much. I think I used a crochet cast-on. I made a scarf for my niece, it came out pretty nice.

23. How old is your oldest UFO? 1 month.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Hello Kitty is nice.

25. What is your favorite holiday? My B-Day!!

26. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn. LOL.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None.

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Yes. I'll have my wishlists completed soon.

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Probably different methods of casting on.

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements ? Yes.
- length: 9.5"
- circumference around arch: 9"
- ankle: 8"
- floor to cuff: 8.5"

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 4-28

3 comments:

eve knits said...

Hey, what can I say, I have knitting fever with my projects!!

lobstah said...

Just found this from your post on KR. It sounds like you have some interesting projects going on--I hope you'll post some photos soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi eve,
thanks for the comment to my blog!
No, no sweater in the making for the pup yet- he's growing too fast. As soon as he slows down the growing I have a fabulous pattern picked out for him though. :-)