Friday, March 09, 2007

A Day In The Doctor's Office

No, I'm not sick, but I did spend the day in the doctor's office. My good friend and her 2 children are sick, super sick, and she asked if I could help her take them and herself to the doctor's. Oh, by the way, she's 8 months preggy and on bed rest (doctor's orders). So, I spent a ton of time in the waiting room. Knitting. Yes. I brought my knitting to keep me busy!

I started on a sock (like I don't have enough projects OTN!) and had the older women in the waiting room staring. Here's how the convo went:

Old Lady 1: Oh, are you crocheting?

Me: No, I'm knitting.

OL1: Are you sure that's knitting and not crocheting?

Me: Yes, I'm sure.

OL1: Well, I'll be. To me that looks like crochet.

(mind you, I'm knitting on 1 circ)

Me: Yeah, I'm knitting. I don't crochet too often.

OL1: Oh, what are you knitting? A hat? That is just beautiful!

Me: Thanks, I'm knitting a sock.

OL1: A sock?!?!

Me: Yes, a sock.

OL1: That looks like a baby's hat. Are you sure it's a sock?

Me: Mmhmm.

::Then she gets called in for her apt::

Old Lady 2& 3 walk in.

OL2: Oh! You're knitting!! That's beautiful! What is it?

OL3: You sure that's knitting? I think it's crochet!

OL2: I know how to crochet and she's not doing what I do. She MUST be knitting.

Me: Yeah, I'm knitting.

OL2: Oh! What kind of needle is that?

Me: A circular needle.

::silence as she stares at me knitting::

OL2: Wow!

Me ::knitting::

OL2: Hmmm.

Me ::knitting::

OL2: I'd love to learn how but I don't think I can.

Me: Sure you can.

OL2: I wish you lived next door so you could teach me.

Me: Yeah, that woud be fun ::insert sarcasm here:: There's a knitting group that meets at "XYZ". You should check it out.

OL2: Good idea.

::OL2 & 3 go off to their appt::

What a day. i'm tired. My arm hurts from holding sick toddlers.

I learned a lot today. It's super hard being a mom. Doctor's visits suck. I have a new found appreciation for all moms out there. Give yourselves a big hug, cuz it's super hard. Super duper hard.

Happy Knitting

5 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

HA! super funny conversation with the nurses! I have had so many.....ohhhhhhh what cha makin?????? AAHHHH! :) And thanks, i'll give myself a big hug.....:) You hug yourself too!

eve knits said...

lol! the convos were with the old ladies in the waiting room!

hugs all around!!!

Anonymous said...

I love how the ladies are telling YOU what you're doing is not what you think you're doing, LOL! It was nice of you to accompany your friend because as a mom of 3, taking kids to the doc. is not fun.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure it's your arm that's hurting not your leg? :)

eve knits said...

del~ i couldn't believe it either! i was laughing

i know it's super hard to be a mom, so i help my friends when i can.

nikki~ lol! yeah.. i couldn't really knit that night!